Thursday, April 29, 2010

I had a great day Tuesday working with a few classes of high school students. These classes were made possible through Project G.E.M. which stands for Growth, Experience, and Motivation,it is a local non-profit organization in Mankato, which serves many counties in the state.. The program offers a wide variety of outreach services which focus on education for positive mind, body, and soul development.It is an outreach program for at-risk youth to enhance positive creative self-expression using cultural, environmental, and holistic/social education.
My platform " Dance This Weigh" can be so receptive in any class room!
I taught elementary through high school age students about the importance of staying physically active and how dance is a great way to stay fit. We danced the "Cupid Shuffle" and ended the class period discussing the Miss Mankato program. We were so active all day! I'm anxious to visit my next school!

Due to the Project GEM Code of Confidentiality no pictures were taken. Trust me, had you been able to see pictures...nothing but laughter and smiles were heard and seen as we DANCED THIS WEIGH.

No comments: